SEARC has the facilities, tools, and expertise to help you test and optimize the performance of your products. We offer a number of innovative research spaces that can help advance your research project, and we are always open to discussing ways to expand our facilities based on new project and partner needs. Read more about some of our specialized lab spaces we currently offer below.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT AND TESTING LAB
A rooftop solar testing facility that specialises in performance improvement and the optimisation of solar panels, string and micro-inverters and supporting equipment. The lab includes weather monitoring equipment, solar irradiance instrumentation, snow depth sensors and 24-hour video monitoring. A multi-channel data acquisition system records and stores the various measurement parameters for subsequent analysis to quantify test component or system performance.
This facility can be used to:
- Evaluate the performance impacts on solar PV modules from dust accumulation or snow
- Test performance of proprietary PV module designs
- Test performance of proprietary films and coatings to improve PV module snow shedding capability
- Evaluate specific inverter/microinverter and PV module combinations
- Evaluate stress and strain characteristics of PV module mounting systems
- Assess PV system ancillary component performance
INTEGRATED ENERGY SYSTEMS LAB
An advanced electrical systems performance testing centre to evaluate, develop and refine energy components and products. The lab has a rated capacity of 90 kW derived from 348 photovoltaic (PV) modules. Electrical output from this laboratory facility is conditioned and distributed for use on the grid through a number of PV inverter energy conversion systems.
Examples of test projects include:
- Long-term real climate inverter performance evaluation and testing
- Studies of interactions of integrated energy generation, storage and grid that include power harmonic distortion, power factor, frequency, and voltage parameters
- Characterizations of power measurement and control systems
- Tests, evaluations and optimisation of unique operational profiles for energy and power systems
- Assessment and refinement of Smart Grid software used to measure and control power generation and distribution
SIMULATED ENVIRONMENT TESTING LAB
An environmental simulation laboratory used for validating the performance of products in various climatic conditions. This laboratory is essential if you are looking to understand how your company’s
product will withstand harsh weather conditions. By partnering with SEARC, we can test your products together to ensure they will work all over the world.
The main operating specifications of the chamber are:
- Temperature range of –65°C to +177°C
- Heating/Cooling rate of 60 minutes from +85°C to -40°C
- Humidity range of 20% to 95% RH as limited by a dew point depression of 4.4°C
- Dry bulb temperature range of +10°C to +85°C
- Chamber internal dimensions: 76cm x 76cm x 152cm